Our goal is to create an environmental and community conscious culture within CCF Brands
Sustainability is at the heart of our company culture. Our passion for environmental responsibility drives how we do business and directly impacts our internal practices as a company. Leaders don’t just declare their mission, they live it.
Here are some highlights of how our vision of sustainability is put into action:
- Our Sustainability Task Force meets every six weeks to discuss new projects and initiatives, as well as improving on our current ones such as:
- After diverting 55% of our waste from landfills in 2013, our office recycling program exceeded our 2014 target by diverting 7.6 tons, which is an 86% diversion rate.
- Our 2015 target for our office recycling program is a 90% diversion rate of CCF’s solid waste.
- Establishing a Green Purchasing Policy to set environmental standards for how we purchase supplies and electronics.
- Completing energy efficiency projects to upgrade our thermostats, install solar window films and update our lighting with LEDs.
- We continue to purchase smart equipment, such as a food composter which allows us to reduce our food waste.
- Partnering with How2Recycle
- Partnering with The Sustainability Consortium to identify best practices and standards for the egg industry.
- Take a look at our 2015 sustainability report (PDF)
- We joined the EPA WasteWise program as a partner in 2012.
- After exceeding our 2014 goal to divert 6 tons of solid waste from landfills, we’ve set a higher goal for 2015.
- We have purchased renewable energy credits (RECs) and carbon offsets for the last 3 years to offset 100% of our electricity.